One of our favorite pastimes to do here at Blair Candy is try new recipes using surprising candy. Since Valentine’s Day is right around the corner, we decided to find some unique recipes using the Valentine’s Day favorite, Necco Sweethearts! Sweethearts have been around for decades, so it’s no surprise that people have found new and tasty ways to use this lovely treat! Take a look at these delicious recipes from some of our favorite blogs!
- 4 ounces strawberry vodka
- 2 ounces peach schnapps
- 2 ounces pineapple juice
- Cherries & Conversation Hearts for garnish
- Pink sanding sugar for the rims
1. Rim two martini glasses with pink sanding sugar.
2. Mix the vodka, schnapps and pineapple juice in a shaker with two or three ice cubes and pour through a strainer into the rimmed glasses. Garnish with cherries and hearts.
Conversation Heart Bark
- Silicone ice cube tray (hearts if you can find one)
- White chocolate chips or candy melts, any color
- Conversation hearts
- Hammer or mallet
- Disposable decorating bag
step one: crush your hearts
Oh, that sounds so sad. Place some conversation hearts in a Ziploc and smash with the hammer or mallet. Best to do this over a cutting board or dish towel so you don’t destroy the counter. Sprinkle a layer of crushed hearts on the bottom of each heart in the tray.
step two: melt your chocolate
Add some chocolate chips or candy melts to the disposable decorating bag. Fold over the top so they don’t fall out of the bag. Don’t fill the bag too much, use about 1/2 cup of chips or whatever fits comfortably in the bag. Microwave at 50 percent power for a minute and a half. Massage the chips and keep microwaving at 30, then 20 second intervals just until the chips are melted.
step three: add your chocolate
Snip the tip of the decorating bag and pipe the melted chocolate on top of the crushed hearts to fill the tray. Pick up both ends of the tray and gently stamp it flat on the counter to tamp down the chocolate. Let set well, a couple hours. Pop out of the tray and that’s it!
Sweetheart Rice Krispies
- 1 package marshmallows (about 40 large ones)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 2 cups mini-marshmallows
- About 1/2 cup sprinkles
- Conversation hearts
- Melted white chocolate
- Heat butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Once melted, add in large marshmallows. Heat until mixture is fully melted, stirring constantly, about 5-6 minutes.
- Pour the cereal, mini-marshmallows and sprinkles in a large mixing bowl. Pour the melted marshmallow mixture over the Rice Krispies and stir to combine. Add additional sprinkles if you’d like.
- Using your hands, press the mixture into a large 9 x 13-inch glass-baking pan. Push it down with your hands to smooth out lumps. While the mixture is still warm, press in conversation hearts all over the Rice Krispies.
- Chill Rice Krispies for about an hour. Once chilled, stamp out hearts with heart-shaped cookie cutters. Drizzle hearts with white chocolate and enjoy!