Growing up, the holidays were one of my favorite times of the year! In my childhood home the holidays were centered on family, friends, presents, food, and did I mention presents? Now that I’m older I love to look back on those cherished Christmas memories and think about the tasty candy treats my family would always have during the holiday season!
- You always knew Christmas was on its way when my mother started merrily placing glass candy dishes filled with old fashioned hard candy around the house. I loved grabbing a few candies to keep in my pocket!
- Every Christmas, until I was well into my 20’s, we would kick off December by opening the first door on our Christmas Advent Calendars. Nothing was more exciting as a child than the promise of a delicious piece of chocolate everyday, while anticipating the arrival of Santa Claus!
- The Christmas season was never complete until after we made our annual gingerbread house. Decorated with M&Ms, gum drops, and other mouth watering goodies, our gingerbread houses were almost too good to eat!
- Decorating the tree was a fun filled celebration! My father would string the lights while my mother and I would prepare the ornaments and decorations. Not a year went by when we didn’t decorate the Christmas tree with candy canes! I remember trying to hang a candy cane from every single branch!
- Dark Chocolate Covered Thin Mints were a Christmas staple! We would always have a few boxes lying around the house to give as gifts, but more often than not we would keep some boxes to enjoy for ourselves!
- My ginormous Christmas stocking was always hung from staircase with care, and I knew that good old Saint Nicholas had rounded out the bottom of every stocking with popcorn balls!
I bet you also have some sweet Christmas memories from when you were a child! Share them with us by leaving a comment with your favorite Christmas memory.